Plant-Based Vitamin D
Canadian winter essential. An essential factor in supporting immunity and in the maintenance of bones, teeth and general health.
Organic portobello mushrooms (1000 IU vitamin D) + organic spinach + organic quinoa + vegan capsule shells + nothing else.
Why take it
If you work indoors or wear sunscreen, since our bodies convert sunshine into vitamin D.
If you live anywhere north of the 37th parallel since the northern hemisphere does not get strong enough sunlight for sufficient vitamin D production.
If you are looking for good bone and teeth health.
Because a majority of North Americans are vitamin D deficient and it’s impossible to get through diet.
Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient Vitamin D, a healthy diet and regular exercise may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis.
Helps in the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus.
We source the highest quality most nourishing certified organic ingredients that we can find.
ORGANIC PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS (1000 IU vitamin D) (40 mg)
Specially grown and exposed to the sun to create Vitamin D.
ORGANIC QUINOA (42 mg)
High in magnesium, which helps Vitamin D absorption.
ORGANIC SPINACH (418 mg)
An antioxidant powerhouse that helps with Vitamin D absorption.
Our capsule shells are 100% vegan, made with either tapioca or cellulose derived from pine trees.
While many brands choose to use gelatine capsules, we see it as an unnecessary added source of animal product, often unclearly sourced, with potential long-term side effects.
62 vegan capsules, 500 mg each
Adults: take one (1) capsule per day.
As vitamin D needs vary, we suggest you get a blood test so your healthcare provider can recommend the right dose for you. Keep out of reach of children.
Backed by science
We work closely with our medical advisory board to ensure our boosters are highly effective. We provide complete transparency into our research so you can decide for yourself.
One step further
In addition to being organic and non-gmo project verified, all of our ingredients and finished products undergo a very rigorous five-step lab testing protocol to ensure purity and safety:
- We test ingredient integrity. The lab analyzes each ingredient upon delivery to ensure it is exactly what it’s supposed to be and nothing else.
- We test microbial counts. Microbial counts, yeast and mould tests are done to ensure safety.
- We analyze for pathogens. Pathogen analysis is performed to make sure ingredients contain absolutely no salmonella, escherichia coli, staphylococcus or pseudomonas aeruginose.
- We analyze for pesticides. All ingredients are individually certified organic. Nonetheless, a pesticide analysis is performed as an extra precautionary measure.
- A final test. We perform a final microbial, pathogen and gluten analysis on the finished product to ensure nothing was introduced in the manufacturing process.